Supports all live and taped programming and post-production at KALB-TV. Performs quality control measurements to insure proper video and audio quality is maintained for broadcast and assist local production team needs. Duties include troubleshooting, maintaining and installing studio and editing equipment. The Engineer interacts daily with local programming staff and will be responsible to follow all KALB-TV and FCC standards and guidelines.
• Manage all engineering aspects of the technical facility including studio support, post editing systems, field production support and transmission of live/taped events & programs.
• Troubleshoots equipment when and where problems occur
• Performs regular maintenance tasks including repairs, equipment replacement, supplies, etc.
• Documents and executes necessary corrective actions
• Ensures all transmission equipment is operating correctly before and during live event telecasts - corrects and documents technical problems and reports them to the managers
• Coordinate financial management of all engineering expenses
• Ensures compliance with applicable regulations and communication with other departments by maintaining discrepancy logs and equipment incident reports and regularly auditing these documents to identify areas where performance or process needs improvement.
• Assist Operations Manager in overseeing and implementing0 Engineering projects.
• Keep detailed engineering records to balance with corporate reporting lists (WIP account, Asset management, CBR tracking).
• Must be able to insert and remove control room rack equipment weighing 25-50 pounds with the help of another employee.
• Minimum 5 years' experience working in broadcast engineering and live studio operations environment.
• Must be knowledgeable in all areas of television production and familiar with all studio production equipment.
• Strong knowledge of computer related equipment and with editing systems including networking and storage solutions.
• Knowledgeable maintaining all tower and production control systems.
• Computer operating systems knowledge is a must, networking skills a plus.
• Strong analytical and reasoning skills are essential as well as technical troubleshooting skills.
• Reasonable mathematical skills required
• Must have strong communication skills, team player and has a "can do" attitude.
• Flexible hours/schedule and weekend and holiday shifts will be required.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The vision requirements include: ability to adjust focus and close vision.
• While performing the duties of this job the employee may be exposed to outside weather, wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts and high, precarious places.
• MS Office, word processing, spreadsheets, Internet software, E-mail, Database software
Generally 8:30 AM to 5PM Monday - Friday. Variances will occur depending on deadlines, sweeps and special events.
Negotiable, depending upon experience.