Here are some rules to help you stay safe during floods.
1. Before a flood affects your area, know the flood history.
2. Know evacuation routes and how you will get your family there.
3. Abandon flooded vehicles if it is possible to do so safely.
4. Turn Around & Don't Drown. Do not try to drive through a flooded area. Especially if you do not know how deep it is. (Just a cubic meter of water weighs 1 ton!!!)
5. Do not walk through flowing water. Because a cubic meter of water weighs that much, it also carries with it a lot of force. So avoid walking through water that is moving. Especially if it is flowing steadily and at a rapid pace.
6. Be Careful at Night.