Smoke Scare At Utility Office - KALB-TV News Channel 5 & CBS 2

Smoke Scare At Utility Office

Posted: Updated:

ALEXANDRIA, La. - The Alexandria utility office got a recent smoke scare.

A motor in the air conditioning unit blew this afternoon at the city's utility service office on Murray Street that caused the office to be surrounded by smoke.  

Alexandria fire sent three engines and a ladder truck to check out what officials say was an "electrical malfunction" around 3 p.m. Friday.

Workers and customers were evacuated from the office, and fire officials closed the office for the rest of the day.

The office is scheduled to reopen next week.

Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KALB. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.