Gunman told police he acted alone in LAX shooting - KALB-TV News Channel 5 & CBS 2

Gunman told police he acted alone in LAX shooting

Posted: Updated:

 

LOS ANGELES (AP) - The 23-year-old gunman charged in a deadly shooting at Los Angeles International Airport told authorities as he was arrested that he acted alone and had been dropped off at the airport by a friend.

A law enforcement official who has been briefed on the investigation told The Associated Press on Sunday that suspect Paul Ciancia was heavily sedated and being watched by an armed guard at the hospital after being shot by airport police in the Friday rampage.

The official requested anonymity and is not authorized to speak publicly.

A TSA officer was killed and five others wounded, including two TSA workers and the gunman himself.

Authorities found a note in the suspect's duffel bag that talked about killing TSA agents and mentioned how easy it is to get a gun.

(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

 

  • NationalMore>>

  • Opponents, supporters to discuss clean air rules

    Opponents, supporters to discuss clean air rules

    Tuesday, July 29 2014 11:00 AM EDT2014-07-29 15:00:19 GMT
    Hundreds of people will tell the Environmental Protection Agency what they think of proposed rules to cut pollution from power plants during public hearings Tuesday and Wednesday in Denver.More >>
    Hundreds of people will tell the Environmental Protection Agency what they think of proposed rules to cut pollution from power plants during public hearings Tuesday and Wednesday in Denver.More >>
  • NCAA settles head-injury suit, will change rules

    NCAA settles head-injury suit, will change rules

    Tuesday, July 29 2014 11:00 AM EDT2014-07-29 15:00:07 GMT
    The NCAA has agreed to settle a class-action head injury lawsuit by creating a $70 million fund to diagnose thousands of current and former college athletes to determine if they suffered brain trauma playing...More >>
    The NCAA agreed Tuesday to settle a class-action head-injury lawsuit by creating a $70 million fund to diagnose thousands of current and former college athletes to determine if they suffered brain trauma playing football,...More >>
  • California wildfire claims 6 more homes

    California wildfire claims 6 more homes

    Tuesday, July 29 2014 10:20 AM EDT2014-07-29 14:20:42 GMT
    Most of the 1,200 people driven to evacuate by a Northern California wildfire that destroyed 13 homes have been told they can safely return after a series of steady gains in the firefight.More >>
    Fire officials say crews found six more homes destroyed by a Northern California wildfire that led to evacuation orders for about 1,200 people before it was brought under control.More >>
Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KALB. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.