Fire heavily damages Shreveport house - KALB-TV News Channel 5 & CBS 2

Fire heavily damages Shreveport house

Posted: Updated:

SHREVEPORT, La. (AP) - Authorities in Shreveport say an early morning fire heavily damaged a home Tuesday, but no injuries were reported.

Fire investigators tell KSLA-TV the fire was reported shortly before 5:30 a.m. at a house in the 3800 block of Cornell Drive.

Firefighters say the home was engulfed in flames when they arrived.

Two adults and a child escaped without injury after a smoke alarm alerted them to the blaze, investigators say.

It took about 30 minutes to get the fire under control.

Investigators believe the fire may have started in a kitchen stove.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KALB. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.