School nurse mistakenly gives 3rd grader the wrong meds - KALB-TV News Channel 5 & CBS 2

School nurse mistakenly gives 3rd grader the wrong meds

Posted: Updated:

(NBC News) - A Kentucky third-grader is recovering after getting medicine at school that was supposed to go to a classmate.

9-year-old Dylan Davis, a student at Collins Elementary in Florence, said he was mistakenly given medication when taken to the school nurse's office.

According to his parents, the boy was given 10 milligrams of Adderall and 10 milligrams of Tenex.

He had been at the office the day before because of an upset stomach, but the medication dispensed to him Thursday -- as confirmed by the district -- was prescribed to someone else.

"They made me feel down and my throat was getting clogged up and my face was all tingly," Dylan said a couple of hours after leaving Children's Hospital.

He recalls barely being able to stand up.

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Four arrested in Alexandria for narcotics, theft

    Four arrested in Alexandria for narcotics, theft

    Thursday, August 28 2014 3:28 PM EDT2014-08-28 19:28:19 GMT
    ALEXANDRIA, La. (KALB News Channel 5) - On August 27, 2014, Alexandria Police arrested four individuals on narcotics and theft of a motor vehicle. More >>
    ALEXANDRIA, La. (KALB News Channel 5) - On August 27, 2014, Alexandria Police arrested four individuals on narcotics and theft of a motor vehicle. More >>
  • Teen helps nab counterfeit cash crooks

    Teen helps nab counterfeit cash crooks

    Thursday, August 28 2014 5:04 PM EDT2014-08-28 21:04:58 GMT
    GLENMORA, La. (KALB News Channel 5) -- A couple of crooks who thought they could fool a teenage employee at a gas station in Glenmora, found themselves behind bars.More >>
    GLENMORA, La. (KALB News Channel 5) -- A couple of crooks who thought they could fool a teenage employee at a gas station in Glenmora, found themselves behind bars.More >>
  • 5,000 wasps built a nest in this bed

    5,000 wasps built a nest in this bed

    Thursday, August 28 2014 4:39 PM EDT2014-08-28 20:39:18 GMT
    (NBC News) - A man in England opened the door of a rarely-used room in his mother's home and discovered thousands of wasps had made a giant nest in the bed. More >>
    (NBC News) - A man in England opened the door of a rarely-used room in his mother's home and discovered thousands of wasps had made a giant nest in the bed. More >>
Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KALB. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.