Smoke Scare - KALB-TV News Channel 5 & CBS 2

Smoke Scare

Posted: Updated:

ALEXANDRIA, La. (KALB News Channel 5) - Residents of Our Lady's ManorIndependent Senior Living had to be evacuated following a smoke scare.

Firefighters were calledabout nine a.m. after someone reported a smell of smoke in the elevatorroom. 

More than 100 residentswere evacuated from the building while firefighters looked for the source ofthe smoke.

An elevator belt that was loose was toblame. 

After about 20 minutes, residents were ableto return to their apartments.   

Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KALB. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.