Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
LONDON, May 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com has added a new market research report:
Market Focus: Trends and Developments in the Male Toiletries Sector in the UK
This report provides a concise overview of the Male Toiletries market in the UK. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioral trends that will drive its evolution and the leading companies within the market, allowing you to plan effectively for the future.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
This overview of consumer and market dynamics of the UK Male Toiletries sector allows new entrants and established companies to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
UK Male Toiletries market in volume terms will post higher growth during 2012-2017, compared to 2007-2012, driven by higher economic growth. Increased consumer expenditure on personal appearance and increased focus on male grooming needs in categories such as Aftershaves and Colognes, and high-end battery operated razors, will create growth opportunities.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Although older consumers are the largest users of Male Toiletries products in the UK, new gender behaviours exhibited by the early and older young adults have set the trend. Further better value for money products that carry value, whether in terms of quality or pricing, are a trump. The growing aspiration to look well groomed and styled will drive demand for Male Toiletries in the country.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the UK Male Toiletries sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across four Male Toiletries categories and their packaging.
Key Features and Benefits
Analysis of consumer behavior, economic conditions, and demography reveals emerging opportunities in the Male Toiletries sector in the UK.
Key growth categories are highlighted by analyzing the market dynamics of four Male Toiletries categories: Aftershaves and Colognes, Disposable Razors and Blades, Post-Shave Cosmetics, and Pre-Shave Cosmetics.
Market shares are provided for the leading brands across the Aftershaves and Colognes, Disposable Razors and Blades, Post-Shave Cosmetics, and Pre-Shave Cosmetics categories.
An overview of packaging trends in the UK Male Toiletries sector is provided, including primary packaging material and type, packaging closures, and outer packaging.
Key future trends are highlighted and analyzed in order to identify opportunities and threats in the Male Toiletries sector.
Key Market Issues
Consumers are now looking for innovative and premium products that can suit the ever-changing novel behaviors exhibited by men. This is particularly the case amongst the Adults and mid-lifers.
As older consumers are the largest users of Male Toiletries products; they are more focused on shaving alone and do not purchase more Post-Shave and Aftershaves and Colognes items. Marketers need to persuade older consumers towards a complete shaving experience which can significantly increase the demand for all Male Toiletry products.
Marketers need to focus on all-in-one packs with all Male Toiletry products packed together. This will be convenient for consumers with busy lives.
The improving state of the economy and a climbing stock market saw a rise in consumer confidence, with even high-income consumers not shying away from premium purchases. Consequently, the overall share of private label products in the UK Male Toiletries sector remained low.
Post-Shave Cosmetics and Pre-Shave Cosmetics are expected to decline by market share during 2012-2017.
Consumer analysis, based on Age Group, reveals that Older Consumers, Older Young Adults and Pre-Mid-Lifers have the highest consumption share of Male Toiletries in the UK. Consumer analysis, based on Wealth Group, reveals that Better off men have the highest consumption share, while Time Poor male consumers have the highest consumption propensity of Male Toiletries in the country.
Disposable Razors and Blades will gain market share while the market share of Pre-Shave Cosmetics, Aftershaves and Colognes, and Post-Shave Cosmetics will decline between 2007 and 2017.
Manufacturers are focusing on launching innovative products that provide multiple benefits, primarily targeting the time-pressed working male population in the UK who are growing more look-conscious and are seeking better grooming products with all-in-one benefits.
Rigid Plastics was the most commonly used packaging material in UK Male Toiletries sector in 2012, followed by Flexible Packaging and this was driven by increased sales volume of Disposable Razors and Blades. By 2017, Rigid Plastics are expected to increase to increase as the market for Disposable Razors though well saturated, is bound to attract more frequent consumers with stylish looking products
Middle age men with busy lives and a high disposable income do not hesitate on spending on products which can provide them more time for other activities. Tough competition surfaces from electric shavers and other dry shavers for Disposable Razors, the largest category in the Male Toiletries market.
- UK Male Toiletries market provides significant opportunities to marketers despite rising consumer prices and declining population growth
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets are the primary distribution channel for Health and Beauty products
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets dominate distribution format of Male Toiletries and other Health and Beauty products in the UK
- Male Toiletries consumption in the UK is led by financially Better Off and Time Poor men
- Older Consumers are the least frequent users of Male Toiletry products when compared with other Age Groups
- Male Toiletries consumption in the UK is primarily driven by new gender behaviors exhibited by men
- Male Toiletry products are influenced by new gender behavior along with a desire for better value for money
- Changing Life stages and Quality aspects influence buying decision
- UK Male Toiletries sector will register a steady growth in volume and value growth
- Disposable Razors continues to lead UK's Male Toiletries market in terms of growth
- Disposable Razors and Blades will see an increase in market share during the period 2007-17
- Disposable Razors and Blades and Aftershaves and Colognes to witness increased sales and steady growth over 2012-17
- Skin enhancement features will lead to increased growth in the Pre-Shave and Post-Shave product categories
Brands and Private Labels
- Gillette leads with brand share in the Disposable Razors and Blades category
- Gillette and Nivea lead brand share in the Post-shave and Pre-shave categories
- Pre-Shave Cosmetics witnessed the highest private label penetration in the UK Male Toiletries market
- Increasing private label sales were detrimental in volume growth of Disposable Razor
- Rigid Plastic and Flexible Packaging Blister Packs are preferred packs for Disposable Razors and Blades
- Blister Packs and Clamshell will experience growth driven by the need to innovate in Packaging of Disposable Razors and Blades
Future Outlook- four key trends in the UK Male Toiletries sector
- Achieving brand loyalty and marketing and packaging innovation will drive sales in the Male Toiletries market in the UK
Data Appendix and Summary Methodology
Read the full report:
Market Focus: Trends and Developments in the Male Toiletries Sector in the UK
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.