ALEXANDRIA, La. (KALB News Channel 5) - On June 10, 2014, the Alexandria Police Department, in conjunction with the Louisiana Alcohol & Tobacco Control, conducted a joint investigation into reports of local businesses selling alcohol and tobacco products to minors.
During the investigation, eight local businesses were cited for selling either alcohol or tobacco products to minors.
- One Love Grocery, 64 Bolton Ave, cited twice for selling Alcohol and Tobacco
- Buy & Save, 201 Bolton Ave, Tobacco
- A & L Quick Stop, 204 Bolton Ave, Tobacco
- Food Mart, 1100 Warren St. Tobacco
- Super Al’s, 1270 Lee St. Tobacco
- Eazy Stop, 1701 Lee St. Tobacco
- Jackson U Pack (The Gate) 4700 Jackson St, Alcohol & Tobacco
- M & J, 2501 Broadway Ave, Tobacco
The Louisiana Alcohol & Tobacco Control will handle all administrative issues involved with the investigation.
The store’s clerk or responsible parties were issued citations for Unlawful Sales to Persons under 21 and could face fines of $226.00 for each count.
There are no other details regarding this investigation available for release at this time.