Bourbon Street Shooting - KALB-TV News Channel 5 & CBS 2

Bourbon Street Shooting

Posted: Updated:
NEW ORLEANS (AP) - The 20-year-old man questioned as a "person of interest" in Sunday's fatal Bourbon Street shootings is out of jail.

Jefferson Parish sheriff's spokesman John Fortunato says Justin Odom of Marrero was released Thursday because the jail is overcrowded.

He had been booked in Jefferson Parish on traffic and shoplifting charges after New Orleans police questioned him about the shootings that killed one person and injured nine.

Two of the injured people remain hospitalized. LSU Interim Hospital spokeswoman Siona LaFrance says one was released Wednesday.

New Orleans Police Department spokesman Hilal Williams said detectives Odom's attorney was with Odom during the interview.  She said Thursday that detectives are still investigating what his involvement may be.

The attorney's name was not immediately available.
Powered by WorldNow
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KALB. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.