Recipe from Phyllis Gentile of Mich.
- 1 onion - chopped small
- 1 large clove garlic - chopped small
- 1 large carrot - cut into 2 pieces
- 1 can 14 oz. Progresso Tomato Puree
- 1 can Progresso chopped tomatoes
- Splash of good burgundy wine (use only a wine you would drink)
- Handful of chopped fresh basil
- Salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 tbspn. sugar
Heat large deep skillet to medium. Add onions and cook slowly until translucent. Add garlic and cook for one minute. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 45 minutes. Stir occassionally.