The latest Cenla COVID-19 cases, information, testing locations
State and local information
ALEXANDRIA, La. (KALB) - KALB will now be reporting ONLY confirmed cases and deaths from the Louisiana Department of Health. (NEW: Scroll down to see vaccine information)
Health officials in Louisiana are now reporting there are 372,843 CONFIRMED cases (+329) of COVID-19 reported in the state and 9,044 CONFIRMED deaths (+11). Presumed recovered as of March 1: 415,954 (Because of the daily removal of newly identified duplicates and out of state cases, the new case increase may not match the difference between today’s and yesterday’s total case count.)
Currently, there are 534 (+2) patients in hospitals with COVID-19 and 78 (+3) of those patients are on ventilators.
From LDH: The collection dates for most of these cases (88%) fall between March 1 and March 7, 2021. 98% of the cases reported to the state today were community spread. 2% of the cases reported to the state today were in congregate settings. Individuals between the ages of 18 and 29 (22%) and ages 5 and 17 (20%) account for the largest portions of these cases. Since yesterday, 14,716 new tests have been reported to the state, bringing the total number of tests to 6,118,876. Of the tests reported today, 12,313 were PCR tests and 2,403 were antigen tests.
In Central Louisiana, as of March 8:
|Cases and Deaths Per Parish *CONFIRMED ONLY, NOT PRESUMED CASES/DEATHS|
|Allen: 2,701 cases (+4) / 86 deaths (+1)|
|Avoyelles: 3,466 (same) cases / 111 deaths (same)|
|Beauregard: 2,145 cases (-3) / 61 deaths (same)|
|Catahoula: 852 cases (+2) / 32 deaths (same)|
|Concordia: 1,550 cases (+1) / 42 deaths (same)|
|Evangeline: 2,914 (+1) cases / 67 deaths (same)|
|Grant: 1,502 (+2) cases / 45 deaths (same)|
|La Salle: 905 (-4) cases / 24 deaths (same)|
|Natchitoches: 2,972 (-8) cases / 74 deaths (same)|
|Rapides: 8,787 cases (+10) / 276 deaths (same)|
|Sabine: 2,312 cases (-4) / 50 deaths (same)|
|St. Landry: 7,574 (+3) / 221 deaths (same)|
|Vernon: 2,272 cases (+4) / 82 deaths (same)|
|Winn: 1,136 cases (same) / 32 deaths (same)|
All of Louisiana’s 64 parishes have reported cases. (NOTE: Information on the COVID19 dashboard will be updated at noon daily except on Saturdays.)
Louisiana Vaccine Information:
For Rapides Parish Coliseum vaccinations, sign-up here.
Vaccine information updated by LDH on Tuesdays and Thursdays at noon.
- Initiated vaccine series: 713,827
- Completed vaccine series: 404,653
- Total doses administered as of most recent update: 1,117,714
- Vaccine doses administered since the previous update: 92,303
- Providers enrolled: 2,089
- Current phase of distribution: Phase 1B, Tier 1
PARISH BY PARISH VACCINE INFORMATION:
- Allen: 2,321 series initiated - 1,120 series completed
- Avoyelles: 4,872 series initiated - 3,107 series completed
- Beauregard: 3,556 series initiated - 1,551 series completed
- Catahoula: 1,166 series initiated - 726 series completed
- Concordia: 1,907 series initiated - 1,179 series completed
- Evangeline: 3,907 series initiated - 2,086 series completed
- Grant: 2,218 series initiated - 1,264 series completed
- La Salle: 1,657 series initiated - 996 series completed
- Natchitoches: 5,345 series initiated - 3,098 series completed
- Rapides: 19,462 series initiated - 11,713 series completed
- Sabine: 2,792 series initiated - 1,236 series completed
- St. Landry: 10,660 series initiated - 6,129 series completed
- Vernon: 3,074 series initiated - 1,420 series completed
- Winn: 1,959 series initiated - 1,107 series completed
PERCENTAGE BY REGION:
- REGION 1: 10.01%
- REGION 2: 8.21%
- REGION 3: 8.05%
- REGION 4: 6.85%
- REGION 5: 5.39%
- REGION 6: 7.16%
- REGION 7: 8.77%
- REGION 8: 9.2%
- REGION 9: 8.73%
Governor John Bel Edwards has issued a mask mandate for the state of Louisiana.
Contact your doctor if you have any symptoms or if you have possibly come in contact with someone with COVID-19.
HOW TO GET TESTED:
For an overview of the program click here. https://files.constantcontact.com/3c348139001/a07f4f82-40ed-4796-b0bb-644186b940ed.pdf
The Region 6 Mobile Test Site Concept of Operations Document click here https://files.constantcontact.com/3c348139001/aea4fa0c-2bcd-4b07-aed5-5664fc2234d7.pdf
Mobile Testing will occur between 8-11 a.m for all locations. All mobile testing locations and times are in the 211 system; residents of central Louisiana can call 211 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for information on COVID-19, or to find out where and when they can be tested.
QR code (below) is available with access to the eTrueNorth portal where individuals can register and find test results. To open the QR code, individuals should hold the camera of a smartphone over the code so that it is clearly visible on the screen. The phone will scan the code leading to the registration site. Registration for eTrueNorth portal is at www.DoINeedACOVID19Test.com.
LDH is offering a counseling service 24/7 for those who may be feeling overwhelmed and anxious about the outbreak. The service is available to help anyone trying to cope with the associated stress. Trained counselors will provide information for services related to mental health and substance abuse related to coronavirus. Call 1-866-310-7977.
The Louisiana Department of Health (LDH) is notified of any positive results. Updates on the LDH website are posted daily at noon.
Copyright 2021 KALB. All rights reserved.