The latest Cenla COVID-19 cases, information, testing locations
State and local information
ALEXANDRIA, La. (KALB) - KALB will now be reporting ONLY confirmed cases and deaths from the Louisiana Department of Health. (NEW: Scroll down to see vaccine information)
Health officials in Louisiana are now reporting there are 404,231 CONFIRMED cases (+303) of COVID-19 reported in the state and 9,693 CONFIRMED deaths (+6). (Because of the daily removal of newly identified duplicates and out of state cases, the new case increase may not match the difference between today’s and yesterday’s total case count.)
Currently, there are 273 (+8) patients in hospitals with COVID-19 and 34 (+3) of those patients are on ventilators.
In Central Louisiana, as of June 23:
|Cases and Deaths Per Parish *CONFIRMED ONLY, NOT PRESUMED CASES/DEATHS|
|Allen: 2,883 cases (same) / 88 deaths (same)|
|Avoyelles: 3,758 (same) cases / 115 deaths (same)|
|Beauregard: 2,375 cases (+2) / 73 deaths (same)|
|Catahoula: 909 cases (-1) / 33 deaths (same)|
|Concordia: 1,637 cases (+1) / 47 deaths (same)|
|Evangeline: 3,186 (+6) cases / 74 deaths (same)|
|Grant: 1,612 (same) cases / 51 deaths (same)|
|La Salle: 1,067 (same) cases / 25 deaths (same)|
|Natchitoches: 3,127 (+1) cases / 81 deaths (+1)|
|Rapides: 9,574 cases (+5) / 299 deaths (same)|
|Sabine: 2,459 cases (same) / 55 deaths (same)|
|St. Landry: 8,197 (+3) / 231 deaths (same)|
|Vernon: 2,402 cases (+1) / 85 deaths (same)|
|Winn: 1,172 cases (same) / 36 deaths (same)|
(NOTE: Information on the COVID19 dashboard will be updated at noon daily except weekends.)
Louisiana Vaccine Information:
For Rapides Parish Coliseum vaccinations, sign-up here.
Vaccine information updated by LDH on Mondays and Thursdays at noon.
- Initiated vaccine series: 1,726,785
- Completed vaccine series: 1,566,120
- Total doses administered as of most recent update: 3,174,877
- Vaccine doses administered since the previous update: 26,067
- Providers enrolled: 2,389
- Current phase of distribution: Everyone 12+
PARISH BY PARISH VACCINE INFORMATION:
- Allen: 4,911 series initiated - 4,244 series completed
- Avoyelles: 12,415 series initiated - 11,195 series completed
- Beauregard: 8,421 series initiated - 7,374 series completed
- Catahoula: 2,376 series initiated - 2,164 series completed
- Concordia: 5,170 series initiated - 4,648 series completed
- Evangeline: 10,028 series initiated - 9,143 series completed
- Grant: 4,931 series initiated - 4,452 series completed
- La Salle: 3,596 series initiated - 3,287 series completed
- Natchitoches: 11,965 series initiated - 10,898 series completed
- Rapides: 43,632 series initiated - 38,625 series completed
- Sabine: 6,049 series initiated - 5,483 series completed
- St. Landry: 28,296 series initiated - 25,644 series completed
- Vernon: 9,881 series initiated - 8,504 series completed
- Winn: 4,356 series initiated - 4,035 series completed
PERCENTAGE BY REGION:
- REGION 1: 43.31%
- REGION 2: 36.7%
- REGION 3: 30.7%
- REGION 4: 28.94%
- REGION 5: 24.18%
- REGION 6: 25.2%
- REGION 7: 28.36%
- REGION 8: 28.46%
- REGION 9: 31.69%
Governor John Bel Edwards has issued a mask mandate for the state of Louisiana.
Contact your doctor if you have any symptoms or if you have possibly come in contact with someone with COVID-19.
HOW TO GET TESTED:
For an overview of the program click here. https://files.constantcontact.com/3c348139001/a07f4f82-40ed-4796-b0bb-644186b940ed.pdf
The Region 6 Mobile Test Site Concept of Operations Document click here https://files.constantcontact.com/3c348139001/aea4fa0c-2bcd-4b07-aed5-5664fc2234d7.pdf
Mobile Testing will occur between 8-11 a.m for all locations. All mobile testing locations and times are in the 211 system; residents of central Louisiana can call 211 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for information on COVID-19, or to find out where and when they can be tested.
QR code (below) is available with access to the eTrueNorth portal where individuals can register and find test results. To open the QR code, individuals should hold the camera of a smartphone over the code so that it is clearly visible on the screen. The phone will scan the code leading to the registration site. Registration for eTrueNorth portal is at www.DoINeedACOVID19Test.com.
LDH is offering a counseling service 24/7 for those who may be feeling overwhelmed and anxious about the outbreak. The service is available to help anyone trying to cope with the associated stress. Trained counselors will provide information for services related to mental health and substance abuse related to coronavirus. Call 1-866-310-7977.
The Louisiana Department of Health (LDH) is notified of any positive results. Updates on the LDH website are posted daily at noon.
Copyright 2021 KALB. All rights reserved.