Cleco Watt Matters energy-savings campaign continues with fifth and final focus area: Keep It In!
Company shares how customers can weatherize their homes for energy efficiency
To save energy and money, Cleco customers should weatherize their homes. Weatherization seals a home, so customers can Keep It In!
“Sealing air leaks around windows and doors and making sure you have the right amount of insulation can save energy and keep a home cool during the hot summer months,” said Andre Guillory, vice president and chief customer officer. “The goal is to make sure your home is sealed tight like an envelope, so the cool air stays inside.”
Keep It In! is the final focus area of Cleco’s energy-savings campaign, Watt Matters, a five-part series on residential programs and individual actions customers can take to reduce energy waste and lower their monthly bills. It follows the fourth focus area, Budget For It! which encouraged customers to enroll in the company’s Budget Billing program to receive more predictable bills. The third focus area, Unplug It!, explained how idle electronics, appliances and other miscellaneous devices consume electricity around-the-clock, even when they are not being used. The second focus area, Turn It Off!, reminded customers to turn off lights and appliances when not in use. The first focus area, Replace It!, urged customers to replace outdated appliances and devices for those that are more energy efficient.
“There are several things customers can do themselves to weatherize their home without spending a lot of money,” said Guillory. “Cleco customers also can take advantage of services available through the Cleco Power Wise™ energy efficiency program.”
Watt Matters: Keep It In, Energy-Savings Tips In the summer months:
- Add insulation to keep your home cooler in the summer.
- Seal leaks around the doors and windows.
- Seal cracks between the ceiling and attic to keep hot air from moving into the home.
- Seal switches, outlets and leaky ducts.
- Replace air filters frequently.
- Install a programmable thermostat which adjusts the temperature while you’re away from home. Thermostats are available with up to a $100 instant rebate through the Power Wise program at https://clecomarketplace.com/.
- Take the Power Wise quick online home energy audit to see where you can cut energy waste! Visit www.cleco.com/homeenergyaudit today.
Click here to report a typo. Please provide the title of the article in your email.
Copyright 2022 Cleco. All rights reserved.