Road maintenance on US 167 stretch in Pineville
PINEVILLE, La. (KALB) - UPDATE: The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development advises motorists that beginning on Monday, May 8, 2023, at approximately 9:00 a.m., the LA 3144 (Edgewood Drive) on and off-ramps at US 167 (Pineville Expressway) southbound in Rapides Parish will be closed.
These ramp closures are anticipated to last until mid-June 2023, weather permitting, and are part of ongoing construction related to the Pineville Expressway repair project.
In order to help alleviate congestion and delays, all truck traffic is encouraged to avoid utilizing US 167 between I-49 and US 165 and to seek an alternate route when possible.
PINEVILLE, La. (KALB) - Road closures on US 167 began Monday (March 27) for a $10.5 million DOTD project.
The project includes the replacement of the existing concrete on US 167 from Donahue Ferry Road to US 165, in order to lengthen the service life of the roadway.
“It’s just an investment in our transportation system because it’s got to last a long time,” said Erin Buchanan, public information officer with DOTD. “It’s already lasted a long time. We’ve got to continually invest in the system in order for it to continue to serve us.”
According to DOTD, about 53,000 vehicles on average travel the stretch each day.
For phase one, the on and off ramps connecting Monroe Highway to US 167 will be closed for approximately 30 days, weather permitting. One lane of traffic will be open going either direction for the meantime. During this phase, Edgewood Drive ramps will remain open, leaving way for a detour to US 165.
“It’s gonna be a while. It’s gonna be a definite impact to people’s commutes, and you know, they’re regular routes and things like that,” said Buchanan. “But ultimately, you know, once the roadway itself has been improved, it’ll be worth it for everybody in the end.”
Other alternate routes include:
- LA 28 Westbound to US 165: Traffic will take US 167 southbound, and exit on I-49 northbound. Traffic will then take Exit 86, and continue on US 165 northbound.
- US 167 Northbound to US 165: Traffic will take Edgewood Dr. exit, turn left on to LA 3144. Traffic will then turn right onto US 165-B, then continue on US 165-B to US 165.
- US 165 Southbound to US 167: Traffic will turn left onto US 165-B, then make a left turn onto LA 3144. Traffic will then turn right onto the US 167 on ramp.
- US 165 Northbound to US 167: Traffic will continue on US 165 towards US 165-B. Traffic will then take a right onto US 165-B, then a left onto LA 3144. Finally, traffic will turn right onto the US 167 on ramp.
- US 167 through traffic from I-49: Traffic will take US 165 northbound to US 167. Traffic then will turn left onto US 167 on ramp and continue north.
Call 511, visit www.511la.org, or download the Louisiana 511 mobile app for additional information. Also, monitor conditions by visiting the LA DOTD website at www.dotd.la.gov or by visiting the DOTD Facebook and Twitter pages.
Click here to report a typo. Please provide the title of the article in your email.
Copyright 2023 KALB. All rights reserved.