Carbon monoxide poisoning kills mother and daughter

BAKER, La. (AP) - A Louisiana coroner says carbon monoxide poisoning killed a mother and daughter who were found dead after an apartment fire.

The Advocate reports that the East Baton Rouge coroner, Dr. Beau Clark, identified the victims as 34-year-old Dominique Holden and 8-year-old Iyona Holden. Flames engulfed their apartment in Baker overnight between Friday and Saturday.

The fire was discovered when a man believed to be Dominique Holden's husband and Iyona Holden's father came home from working a night shift.

A news release from the Louisiana Fire Marshal's Office says investigators concluded the fire started in the kitchen, where unattended cooking materials were left on a stove.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus