ALEXANDRIA, La. (City of Alexandria) - The City of Alexandria will conduct a Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, May 18, at the Alexandria City Complex at 2021 Industrial Park Road (under the big red roof).
Household Hazardous Waste Collection works to reduce the amount of hazardous waste disposed of in landfills, to prevent toxic chemicals from getting into the City’s wastewater system and to protect our drinking water resources.
Citizens are encouraged to bring in any of the following items:
• Household Chemicals: aerosols, latex and oil-based paints, paint thinners, stains, drain cleaners, lye, acids, disinfectants, floor and furniture polish, etc.
• Automotive Chemicals: motor oil, antifreeze, gasoline, cleaners, etc.
• Garden & Pool Chemicals: pesticides, fertilizers, propane, pool chemicals, chlorine.
• Hobby Chemicals: photography chemicals, paints, resins, adhesives, etc.
• Pharmaceuticals: prescription drugs, broken thermometers and liquid mercury, needles, etc.
• Household recyclables: all batteries, cell phones and chargers, fluorescent bulbs and tubes, computers, electronic devices, etc.
The City will not accept ammunition, tires, explosives, commercial or laboratory waste, appliances, demolition or construction debris and televisions.
For more information, call Richard Williamson at (318) 473-1344.
Copyright 2019 City of Alexandria. All rights reserved.