Monroe USPS worker dead after being electrocuted while working on parking lot light

USPS worker dies after being electrocuted.
USPS worker dies after being electrocuted.(KNOE)
Published: Jan. 8, 2019 at 2:22 PM CST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

The United States Postal Service is investigating the death of one of their workers. Monroe Police Department says preliminary reports say the worker was electrocuted while changing a bulb for a light pole in a parking lot.

The employee was identified as Paul Wesley Gammill.

Reggie Brown with MPD says the incident happened just before 10:00 A.M. on Tuesday morning. It happened at the USPS facility on Shannon Street, just off North 18th Street. Entergy also responded to the incident. Entergy workers were checking their lines and poles.

MPD & USPS say the incident is still under investigation.

USPS sent KNOE this statement:

"The Postal Service is saddened by the loss of our postal family member and will continue to keep his family, friends, and coworkers in our thoughts. We are unable to comment further, as the incident is currently being investigated."