ALEXANDRIA, La. (KALB) - State Farm deployed their catastrophe team to Alexandria on Saturday. Over the last two days they have been preparing to move into the most affected areas after the storm.
The team also moves around with a mobile command center. The truck has several work stations inside. It is built to deploy quickly and make it simple to file storm damage claims.
A State Farm public affairs specialist said they have 75 claim representatives on standby.
They are ready to help Louisiana recover from Hurricane Barry. With the largest catastrophe response team in the insurance industry, we are currently mobilizing and preparing to deploy into the affected areas. Claims teams are staging around Louisiana and will be helping customers get through this difficult time by helping them recover from the hurricane.
For those who have experienced losses, there are several ways you can get the claims process started. When it is safe: call your State Farm Agent or; call 1-800-SFCLAIM (800-732-5246)or; visit statefarm.com to report your damage.
What should I do after the storm?
• Contact your State Farm Agent as soon as possible.
• Wait for clearance. Return home only after authorities advise it is safe to do so.
• If you suspect damage to water, gas, electric or sewer lines, report it immediately to the utility company, police, or fire department.
• Document your damage by taking photos.
• Keep the power off until an electrician has inspected your system for safety.
• Do not wade in standing water unless you are sure the electricity is off in your home.
• Keep receipts if you make temporary repairs.
Insurance coverage and flooding
• Standard homeowners insurance policies do not cover flooding. Flood insurance is available to homeowners through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). Homeowners who have flood coverage and have experienced flood damage should contact the NFIP at 800-427-4661 or www.floodsmart.gov.
• If you carry comprehensive coverage on your auto insurance policy, flood will generally be covered. We recommend against driving vehicles damaged by floodwater until they have been inspected by a qualified technician.
Copyright 2019 State Farm. All rights reserved.