ALEXANDRIA, La. (KALB) - Check back here for more updates.
211 phone system is now active to locate open shelters for evacuees
511 phone system is now active to determine highway closures
AVOYELLES PARISH: (Starting Thursday morning 8 am - 4 pm)
• Bunkie City Barn
• Mansura Maintenance Facility
• Fifth Ward Fire Station
• Brouillette Fire Station
• Simmesport Fire Station
• Bynum Fire Station on Hwy. 492
• Prospect ballpark
• Walker Ferry Road Fire Station
• Selma ballpark
• Civic Center in Colfax
• Alpine Fire Department
• Ball Fire Department
• Boyce Fire Department
• Cotile Fire Department
• Cheneyville Fire Department
• Deville Fire Department
• Echo Fire Department
• Flatwoods Fire Department
• Forest Hill Fire Department
• Glenmora Fire Department
• Holiday Village Fire Department
• Lecompte Fire Department
• Oakhill Fire Department
• Plainview Fire Department
• RPFD #2 - Station # 1
• Ruby-Kolin Fire Department
• Spring Creek Fire Department
• Taylor Hill Fire Department
• Woodworth Fire Department
Pineville Area:(**Sandbag locations will be closed for Pineville at 3:30 p.m.)
• Friday and Saturday from 7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. at the City Barn located at 405 Sanders Street.
Alexandria Area: (**Sandbag locations are closed for Alexandria for Saturday)
• Bringhurst Park, in the parking area between Bringhurst Field and the Alexandria Zoo on Babe Ruth Drive
• Cheatham Park, in the parking lot across from Peabody Magnet High School on Jones Avenue
• Johnny Downs Complex, in the front parking lot off of La. Highway 28 West.
If you need additional information concerning the local storm preparation for Rapides Parish can contact the Rapides Parish Office of Emergency Preparedness at 445-5141. You can also contact Senator Jay Luneau's Office in Alexandria at 484-2288.
Vernon Parish Public Works Department (limit 25 bags per person)
New Llano Fire Department (limit 5 bags per person)
All CLTCC Campuses will be open tomorrow Monday, July 15, for normal operations. Students or employees unable to travel safely to campus should contact their Instructor or Supervisor and we will work with you. Stay connected with CLTCC for further updates.
Assumption, Iberia, and St. Mary state offices will remain closed Monday, July 15, 2019.
LSUA to reopen July 15.
LSU will resume all classes normally on Monday morning. If you are unable to travel safely to campus, contact your professors or supervisor's to make them aware of your situation.
The Army Corps of Engineers has announced the closure of the Mississippi River.
The Bolton Community Center on Bolton Avenue and the Megashelter in Alexandria are now open.
State Representative Mike Johnson:
"Rapides Parish has been included in 35 parishes declared by President Trump to be deemed in the Federal Disaster assistance program under FEMA. This does not mean that aid is forthcoming but means that Feds will assist applications for aid and will give a favorable review for state and local reimbursements. The inclusion of Rapides Parish is primarily due to the location of the large evacuee facilities in the area."
Copyright 2019 KALB. All rights reserved.