Astros vs. Athletics Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 20
The Houston Astros (25-19) aim to continue their five-game win streak when they play the Oakland Athletics (10-36) on Saturday at 4:10 PM ET, at Minute Maid Park.
The Astros will give the nod to Hunter Brown (4-1, 3.43 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 5 on the season, and the Athletics will counter with JP Sears (0-3, 5.27 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM
Astros vs. Athletics Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Saturday, May 20, 2023
- Time: 4:10 PM ET
- TV: SportsNet SW
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Venue: Minute Maid Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Brown - HOU (4-1, 3.43 ERA) vs Sears - OAK (0-3, 5.27 ERA)
Watch live MLB games on all your devices! Sign up now for a free trial to Fubo!
Explore More About This Game
|Astros Injury Report|
|Astros vs Athletics Betting Trends & Stats|
|Astros vs Athletics Player Props|
|How to Watch Astros vs Athletics|
|Astros vs Athletics Odds|
|Astros vs Athletics Prediction|
Astros Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Hunter Brown
- The Astros' Brown (4-1) will make his ninth start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up three earned runs in 5 2/3 innings pitched on Sunday in his last outing, a matchup with the Chicago White Sox.
- The 24-year-old has pitched in eight games this season with an ERA of 3.43, a 2.76 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.321.
- He has started eight games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in three of them.
- In eight starts, Brown has pitched through or past the fifth inning four times. He has a season average of 5.5 frames per outing.
Try FanDuel Fantasy today with our link and make your perfect team!
Athletics Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: JP Sears
- Sears gets the start for the Athletics, his ninth of the season. He is 0-3 with a 5.27 ERA and 44 strikeouts through 42 2/3 innings pitched.
- The lefty's most recent appearance came on Sunday against the Texas Rangers, when he threw 5 1/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing five hits.
- The 27-year-old has put together a 5.27 ERA and 9.3 strikeouts per nine innings in eight games this season, while giving up a batting average of .248 to his opponents.
- Sears is trying to collect his third quality start of the year.
- Sears will try to build on a four-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he's averaging 5.3 frames per outing).
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.