Astros vs. Royals Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 15
The Kansas City Royals (46-101) will look to Michael Massey, on a two-game homer streak, against the Houston Astros (83-64) at 8:10 PM ET on Friday, at Kauffman Stadium.
The Astros will look to Cristian Javier (9-3) versus the Royals and Zack Greinke (1-15).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Astros vs. Royals Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, September 15, 2023
- Time: 8:10 PM ET
- TV: BSKC
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Venue: Kauffman Stadium
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Javier - HOU (9-3, 4.78 ERA) vs Greinke - KC (1-15, 5.19 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Astros Injury Report|
|Astros vs Royals Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Astros vs Royals|
|Astros vs Royals Odds|
|Astros vs Royals Prediction|
Astros Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Cristian Javier
- Javier (9-3) will take to the mound for the Astros and make his 28th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up four earned runs and allowed four hits in four innings pitched against the San Diego Padres on Saturday.
- The 26-year-old has pitched to a 4.78 ERA this season with 8.4 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 3.4 walks per nine across 27 games.
- In 27 starts this season, he's earned a quality start in 10 of them.
- In 27 starts this season, Javier has lasted five or more innings 20 times, with an average of 5.2 innings per appearance.
- He has made 27 appearances and finished one of them without allowing an earned run.
Royals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Zack Greinke
- Greinke (1-15 with a 5.19 ERA and 84 strikeouts in 126 2/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Royals, his 24th of the season.
- In his most recent time out -- in relief on Saturday -- the right-hander threw 3 2/3 innings against the Toronto Blue Jays, giving up four earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- The 39-year-old has a 5.19 ERA and 6 strikeouts per nine innings in 26 games this season, while allowing a batting average of .285 to his opponents.
- Greinke heads into this matchup with two quality starts under his belt this year.
- Greinke is trying to record his 18th start of five or more innings this season in this matchup.
- In three of his appearances this season he did not surrender an earned run.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.